Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
- Call (919) 493-9557 to schedule a personal interview with the Admissions Office.
- Visit and tour the Academy.
- Provide the Academy with proof of age and education.
- Complete all enrollment paperwork.
- Accept enrollment.
Durham Beauty Academy participates in the following Federal Financial Aid programs:
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Stafford Subsidized & Unsubsidized
- PLUS Loan/Parent Loan
Federal Pell Grants
- Maximum Pell Grant per Academic Year: $5,645.00
- Grants are a form of Financial Aid that does not need to be paid back.
- The Pell Grant is awarded on a need-based scale.
- Grants factor the cost of education at the school of choice, the student's financial situation and progress toward the completion of the program of study.
Federal Stafford Loans
- Maximum Subsidized Loan per Academic Year: $3,500.00
- Maximum Unsubsidized Loan per Academic Year (for independent students only): $6,000.00
- These low-interest loans are issued through the Federal Government.
- Eligibility for Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans is based on expected contributions from family members and analysis of the student's expenses.
Federal PLUS Loans
- Maximum PLUS Loan per Academic Year: Calculated based off total need in dollars minus other financial aid received.
- Also issued through the Federal Government, this program exists to help parents pay for the cost of their child's undergraduate education.
- These funds may be used for tuition, supplies, housing and more.
Whether a grant or a loan, the amount of distribution is determined by the need of the particular student. The school makes an evaluation on the individual based off the application for Federal Student Aid and DBA's Financial Aid application.